Environmental Management Policy
Doster recognizes that construction has a profound impact on our natural environment, economy, health and
productivity. The protection of the environment is one of our major corporate responsibilities; it is a guiding
principle in the operation of our business, and a key component in the measurement of our business performance.
Doster recently attained certification for the ISO 14001 (Environmental) standard. We know that this investment will garner significant benefits to our internal processes and the clients we serve.
As part of Doster's Environmental Management System (EMS), we will:
- Strive to continuously improve the way we conduct business with the objective of performing work while minimizing the impact on the environment and ensuring compliance with the contract requirements, environmental laws and regulations.
- Effectively manage the use of hazardous materials and products, and ensure that effective measures are in place
to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs.
- Promote reduction, reuse and recycling in all of our activities.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our construction jobsites including water, electricity,
raw materials and other resources.
- Commit to restoration and rehabilitation of all temporary construction areas.
- Protect wetlands, streams, rivers, lakes and coastal waters, trees, vegetation, steep slopes and highly erodible
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities.
To ensure that our EMS processes are established, implemented and maintained, our Quality Control Director
will regularly review our policies. As a way to continuously improve our processes and performance, we will
additionally conduct period reviews and internal audits.
Through improvement, and through the education of our employees, Doster will raise the environmental awareness
of our corporate culture in order to ensure that the protection of the environment is an integral part of our